The Amsterdam Summer School is now closed for applications. We will open for applications for summer 2017 beginning of December. Before applying make sure to read the General Terms and Conditions.
If you apply for two courses, please apply for both in one time (you are able to select two courses in the online application form). Please write in your motivation
letter your motivation for both courses.
In the online application form students will be asked to provide the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resumee
- Transcript of records (in some cases we may request a certified copy)
- Copy of passport/identification
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions regarding the procedure or our organization, please contact us at email@example.com or through our
information request form. We respond quickly.
The courses of the Amsterdam Summer School are taught at four different levels, namely Beginner Bachelor, Advanced Bachelor, Master and PhD. Courses that are offered both at Bachelor and Master level will have a different workload for Bachelor's and Master's students. For these various levels, the following entry requirements are set:
- Beginner Bachelor: enrolled as a student in a university
- Advanced Bachelor: completed at least two years at a university
- Master: completed Bachelor’s degree
- PhD: (in process of) approved PhD proposal
Individual courses may have their own entry requirements, please check the course descriptions.
* If on the basis of the provided documents doubts remain about the academic level of the student, the Amsterdam Summer School reserves the right to ask for additional documents and/or a telephone/Skype interview.
English language requirements (not necessary to provide proof)
It is not necessary to provide us with proof of your English. We do expect your English to be sufficient to understand classes and course literature. This means you should have at least a B2 level of English, as developed within the Common European Framework of References for Languages (CEFR). This is comparable to a Toefl internet test with a score of 92, or an IELTS score of 6.5.